Wednesday 29 February 2012

Treacle and Soup

I really enjoyed Sunday at the Treacle Market, setting up a table outside Mike's new shop, mosaicing with my gorgeous SMALTI.

I do not know where this week has got to!  It has been a wonderfully creative week, making coasters with children on Sunday, water colour beach scenes at Mount Hall and Mosaic Club on Monday, shifting 360 kilos glass yesterday and my mosaic group this morning.

I DO love Wednesdays.  I got a little excited today as my new slow cooker arrived so I could do a bigger batch of soup! Recipe at the end.

Janet and Georgina's mosaics are coming on so well - really proud of you girls! 


Well, the slow cooker worked.

I do not think I could EVER be able to run a cafe serving soup, I would not be able to make the same soup twice!

Here is what we had this week:

3 x small potatoes 
4 x small carrots 
2 x celery sticks
1/2 x white onion
1 x vegetable stock cube
1 x chicken stock cube
2 x fresh cloves garlic
1 x bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 x tablespoon cous cous
garlic and chili flakes to taste
1.5 litres water
splash of semi skimmed milk

Do not peel the vegetables - just the onion and garlic. 
Chop everything up small.
Place everything except the milk in the slow cooker on 'high' for 3 hours. Stir occasionally.

Optional - whizz half the soup with a hand blender and add the milk before serving.

I would actually have liked pearl barley in this but it was tasty nevertheless.

1 comment:

  1. Once again a very enjoyable session, and the soup hmmmmm hmm, see u next week x

    ReplyDelete