Wednesday 18 September 2013

September Smiles

I love September! Children are back in school and the grown ups can come out to play.

It was so nice to see my regular ladies again and our newest addition to the group - all working on something TOTALLY different!

The new Yogi teas were a hit - ginger and orange but I think I might just have to get some of the chocolate tea in. Yum.

I have promised to make my ginger and banana loaf for next week so I might just have to get some fresh bananas today so they will be just right for baking at weekend. It's always best left to mature for a couple of days.

No soup recipe today - I am trying to work out how to still do soup on Wednesdays. It will come to me but in the meantime, I've put a little recipe at the end of the blog - a nice sauce to accompany chicken and steamed potatoes.


Did I say I'd missed my gang?


Georgina working on her ladybird. 
Can't wait to see her new project, starting next week!


Do ducks eat fish? Sue's mallard might!


Bridget's White Nancy is coming along nicely - loving the sky!


Anita's  tray is beginning to look delicious!

I felt like to doing a little dance before - the sun was out, brews and  biscuits were on the table and chit chat was flowing.

We did, as always, get to discussing food and I promised I would share my recipe for my favourite quick sauce:

To serve 2
1 tablespoon low fat mayonnaise
2 tablespoons natural yoghurt
1 teaspoon English mustard
1/2 teaspoon honey
Mix well and serve in a sauce bowl on your plate.

I love this with baked chicken breast, steamed beetroot and potatoes, served with green beans and cauliflower.  

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment