Wednesday 22 February 2012

Mosaic Club Soup Recipe!

What a fabulous morning! It was so nice to have the window open today. I did not realise how much I had missed the sounds of the canal. Lovely.


Janet asked me to write my recipes down, so I thought I would include a recipe at the end of my blog each week.   Please feel free to send recipes in, though. If I use them, I will put them on my blog.


I am really looking forward to seeing Janet's floral mosaic finished.  I love her use of stained glass and mirror.



This photo just does not do justice to Georgina's beautiful woodland mirror.  Using colour on her grout to add depth and atmosphere, her careful addition of very fine glitter on the grout just completed the look. Stunning!


No - not even Georgina is that quick! She has gone back to a project she started before Christmas and it is looking goo...oood!


Heads down and concentrating. 
We did have a lot of laughs today. 
Actually, we quite often have a lot of laughs!


Just loving Sue's chosen colours for her door number.  I think it may even be finished next week when I melt those glass pieces down into cabouchons!

And what can I say about Tonie's work. It was a pleasure to have her in the class. It is a pity she lives so far away but I was really pleased she wanted to use the GORGEOUS Dynasty Smalti! We found the colours she wanted for her first ever try at mosaics and I think she has been bitten by the bug.

I really must get those photos done now the boxes are open.

You can purchase the smalti from my Ebay shop - just click on  the Ebay icon on my website:



Ok - here it is, the first Mosaic Club Soup Recipe:

Roasted Vegetable and Red Lentil Soup

Serves 4

4 x small maris piper potatoes
1 x large parsnip
2 x medium carrots
1 x medium courgette
1/2 x red onion
2 x sticks celery
2 x mugs COOKED and drained red lentils
2 x pints vegetable stock
1 x teaspoon paprika
1/2 x teaspoon ground garlic and chilli flakes
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
1 x tablespoon olive oil
optional - splash of milk

Scrub all the vegetables, peel the onion but just top and tail the others except the potatoes.  Chop into small chunks except for the courgette, make those a bit bigger.

Dry the veg with kitchen roll or a clean tea towel. Spread out in a roasting tin.

Mix the oil, herbs and spices. Pour over the vegetables and rub in to cover them.

Roast in pre heated hot oven for 20 minutes. Turn temperature  down to medium-hot for 30 minutes.

Place cooked veg, lentils and stock in a pan and bring to the boil.  

Depending on how you like your soup, either add a splash of milk and serve as is or liquidise partially.

Add seasoning to taste if required.

Hope I remembered it all - enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. Enjoyed that. Thanks.
    Rob S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debra, The soup today was delish, cant wait for your next creation, Yumeeeeeeee x Georgie

    ReplyDelete