Monday 20 June 2011

Father's Day Mosaic Coasters - Mansfield



Can I say that the weather was unbelievably glorious on Saturday in Nottingham!

When I actually got home and called into our local Co-op, Debra looked at my red sunburned head, chest and arms, tried very hard to not look horrified and simply said 'you've not been in Macc today then!'

Absolutely right Deb!  Apparently it persisted down all day which was a shame as it was the Barnaby Festival.



Saturday at Yeoman Hill Park in Masfield Woodhouse, I set up my stall with John and we helped 60 children make a special mosaic coaster for their Dad for Father's Day.




We had a lovely helper - Jenny - who was brilliant. 
Thank you Jenny!


It was a stunningly beautiful day with lots of families having fun and creating colourful coasters


Thank yo also to all the parents who helped and were happy to have photographs taken at the event.







Here is a small group of mosaics, ready for grouting.

Although I would not ordinarily grout the same day, I used quick drying adhesive and we did manage to grout 60 tiles!















If you were at the festival and made a mosaic - I hope you find your photograph here.


Ok - Ok - THAT's the photo! 
Joining the gym this week, folks!







And the Mayor visited too!





No comments:

Post a Comment