Monday 24 November 2014

Virtual Creative Therapy For All

Virtual Creative Therapy


My passion is 'inclusive education'. I studied it at Masters level and implement it whenever I can. I truly believe that creativity should be available to all, whether an individual feels they are 'good' at something or not.  The chances are that that person was told early on that they were 'not good'.

But, do you know, being 'good' at art really doesn't matter. Unless you want to earn a living at it, in which case, it matters on a different level.

We are all creative beings but from an early age creativity seems to be passed over as a less-than-valid-activity. I was forever getting told 'don't play with your food' but, boy, did I make some AMAZING creations when I did! I would be gently reprimanded for being distracted with creative ideas. I know I am not the only one.

All that said, once a person has got over the hurdle of believing they can and want to give creativity a go, the next one may be the physical access to it.

I have been toying with the idea for a long time now - should I offer Skype tuition? My workshops are great fun and everyone benefits from working in a friendly group atmosphere but there are some people out there who cannot get out of the house. Now youtube is great and all but sometimes you just need a real-time workshop and an experience tutor to SHOW you how to do things and look at your work to help you improve.



I think I will explore this further - in the meantime, if you or anyone you know would be interested in this, please get in touch.

Love and creativity!

Deb

:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment