Sunday 23 November 2014

Mental Health and Art

Mosaic and Mental Well Being




The beauty of mosaic making is that is such an inclusive art form. As an artist it gives me a sense of well-being and as a teacher, I get an immense sense of satisfaction from seeing a tangible positive mood shift when working with others.

From my mosaic club students who come for a 2 1/2 hour fix of head emptying whilst mosaic making, to a 7 week course with participants in a residential rehabilitation unit - I see mosaic making giving much needed time out to all. 

We all need that time to just 'be' whether it be creative, sporty, cognitive or other ways of  'zoning out' we all deserve it.

 I love this mosaic which is to grouted next week. Produced at Lime Walk House in Macclesfield, this effective piece of artwork has been produced in just 12 hours (over a 6 week period) by a small group of people.






No comments:

Post a Comment