Tuesday 19 June 2012

BEST MOSAIC SOUP YET!

Hi guys! Sorry I haven't blogged this week. I have been so busy! We had a brilliant session last Wednesday and the soup (at the end, as always!) was deemed by Sue to be the best yet, though to be fair, she hadn't tried the peanut and squash soup. Still, either or!

Giggle-city! We had a good old natter about our favourite films and (as promised, girls!) here they are:

FRIED GREEN TOMATOES AT THE WHISTLE STOP CAFE
BEACHES
HOOCHIE
OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN
7 LBSLET'S DANCE
THE HOLIDAY
BRIDGET JONES' DIARY
WHO WILL LOVE MY CHILDREN.

I am sure there are many more but there are only so many things you can fit into a morning.  The mosaics are coming on beautifully and I just wish I'd had my camera charged!

I have since been to the BAMM meeting in York and touched base with my Northern Lights Family and was filled up with creative love!

Not enough hours in the day!

Here is the soup recipe:

3 x parsnips
1 x sweet potato
1 x red onion
1 x carton passata
shavings of fresh garlic (I use a veg peeler)
1/4 tub full fat cream cheese (can use creme fraische if you are being good!)
2 x knorr veg stock cubes in 1 pint hot water
garlic and chili flakes and herbes do provence to taste.

Ok - wash and chop everything. Put the cream cheeese to one side and place everything else in the slow cooker.  Cook for 2 hours on high.  Blitz with a blender then add cream cheese.  Add water or seasoning to taste if required.  Serve.  Gorgeous!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment