Wednesday 30 May 2012

MOSAIC MADNESS AND CHICK PEA SALAD!

It was such a beautiful day today - I moved the tables nearer the window (duh - why didn't I think of it earlier!) and working without the lights made it a little cooler.

We had a good laugh (as per!) and the girls were so disappointed that I said I wasn't making soup. It was so hot I couldn't BEAR the thought of the slow cooker on in the studio.

They soon cheered up when I said I was making a salad, recipe at the end of the photo.

I am so proud of ALL my ladies! Bridget, Sue, Georgina, Janet (and now Kathryn).

There are some lovely individual projects going on - I want to make what they're making.

There are a handful of places left on our Wednesday morning (and Monday evening!)  workshops. At just £15 plus materials a session, you will agree this is fabulous value for a fun and creative filled morning! 

Although lunch is not provided as part of the course, I usually provide home made soup. Well, I have to eat and it is so much nicer sharing with friends!

TIP OF THE DAY!

Usually I say save all your mosaics up for a 'batch' grout but in hot weather such as this, make smaller batches of grout as it will 'go off' quicker in the heat.  Particularly if you are working on a complex mosaic which requires plenty of attention.

If you find you have some grout left and it is unworkable, add enough water to enable you to shape it into something to work on a future project.






Debbie Mosaic Salad:


You will need:


1/3 iceberg lettuce
1/2 red pepper
1/2 red onion
1/3 cucumber
1 x apple
1 tin chick peas, drained
150g mature cheddar
2 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
2 tablespoons natural yoghurt
chili and garlic flakes
black ground peppercorns


Wash and tear the lettuce. Split into 5 bowls.
Peel the onion, discard pepper seeds and apple core, wash and chop all with cucumber.
Cut the cheese into  tiny cubes.
Place into a large bowl and add remaining ingredients. Stir well and distribute between the bowls.
Serve with gorgeous fresh bread!


Yuum!

No comments:

Post a Comment