Monday 20 June 2011

Barnaby Festival 2011

I felt a bit useless at this part - putting a gazebo up when you're only 5' isn't that easy to do - actually it's impossible so thanks John and the Barnaby Craft Cafe team for helping Anna to put it up!


I am so pleased we decided to keep the Craft Cafe open - the weather kept nice and there was a very steady flow of children...




...all day....


...all ages...




...and abilities...




...and ones who went off do fabulous hats...


...and then came back for more!





I don't know who enjoyed making the mosaic most, me or the kids!













It's a shame I didn't get to see the other artists as we worked but we were all so busy! It was great!

I really enjoyed seeing the children come to the table with their fabulous hats, brilliant egg cosies, pretty prints, gorgeous flower arrangements and beautiful bunting.











There is still a lot to do on the Barnaby Mosaic but as soon as I finish it at the studio, I'll get the pictures on here.


When finished, the mosaic is going to be donated to the Barnaby Festival Team.  What we would really like is for somone with LOTS of money to buy it and then donate it to a charity for display for lots of people to enjoy it.

The design shows the Barnaby logo with a community of people enjoying themselves.

I am SO looking forward to next year's festival!




No comments:

Post a Comment