Wednesday 21 March 2012

Welcome home!

It was so lovely to see Janet, Georgie AND Bridget this morning. Sue - have a wonderful holiday!


Loving Bridget's finished door plaque for her grandchildren. Just needs grouting now.  The other two pieces are looking fine and I had a break from glass - well, I couldn't allow my dear friend to continue to be distressed when her favourite cup split!  The water went in, the cup cracked and her face fell. Mine lit up! "I'll have that!"  I'm sure she'll be pleased when I give it back to her, though, remade.


I did think I'd messed up the soup this morning by adding too much water but it turned out fine in the end. Wasn't one of my favourites but cannot have been that bad because I've just had another mug of it!


Red Cabbage and Kidney Bean

serves 8 - 10


1 x onion
1/4 x red cabbage
1 x tinned red kidney beans
1 x stick celery
1/2 x stick leek
1 x handful broccoli
1 x handful cauliflower
1 x large bowlful of diced carrot and swede
1 x teaspoon Herbes de Provence
1/2 x teaspoon garlic and chilli flakes
1.5 litre vegetable stock
salt to taste


Wash and chop as appropriate (someone had taken my sharp knife from the kitchen so I had to tear!) Place in slow cooker for 3 hours, blend to desired consistency and serve with a swirl of cream (we had semi skimmed milk for a healthy version!)

No comments:

Post a Comment